Written by Naomi Goldberg
5 Essential Customer Service Tactics All Travel Agents Need to Apply
Your customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Customer service is essential to building your business, especially in a day and age where more and more consumer are turning to away from travel agents and toward using online travel tools. But by paying special attention to details and going above and beyond your client’s expectations, you can become a much sought after travel agent, one that books more trips and closes more deals.
Great customer service is about people and creating positive experiences
Good customer service can pave the way to customer satisfaction and should not be taken lightly. Happy customers are capable of building your business and your brand; without them, your business will have a hard time achieving its potential for profitability and sustainability.
Here are 5 essential customer service tips to help your business flourish:
- Let your customers know what your standards are. Stand out from the competition. It’s not enough to define for yourself what your standards are. Let your client know the high standards you hold yourself to.
- Stand behind your word and your deadline. If you tell a client you’re going to get back to them by Tuesday, make sure you do. And if you can’t beat your own deadline even better
- Let your clients know how to reach you. Even when you’re unavailable make clients feel like you are. Give them your mobile number and if you can’t be reached let your clients know that they can leave a message, text you, or email you and that you’ll get back to them as soon as you can. Provide all your contact details in a professional email signature so clients can easily reach you.
- Be attentive and provide personalized support. If you know that your clients are booking a romantic getaway, use your special contacts to book them a room with a special view, or a complimentary fruit basket and champagne.
- Send out a client questionnaire. When your clients get back from their trip, send them a questionnaire. Ask them about their trip and how your service helped them. Apart from the great testimonials you might be able to garner, you may also receive important insights that can help improve or reinforce your service. However, the most important element may be the great feeling you give your customers in knowing that you care.
We’d love to hear from you. What have you done to improve your customer service? Let us know in the comments below.
blog comments powered by Disqus