Written by Josh (Tzvika) Avnery
31 Marketing & Productivity Tools That Every Freelance Graphic Designer Should Use
Being a successful graphic designer, you have lots in common with a small business owner. You’re both dedicated hard workers, you persevere and you’re always short on time.
We know how much you love designs and how much you hate having to worry about the more administrative and technical part of your business. But we both know that admin is a necessary evil that comes with the territory of building any business.
In order to help you allocate more time to your creative designs, we’ve created a list of useful tools that many small businesses are already using. We hope that you’ll use them too and save time in order to optimize your creative performance.
Business Apps & Digital Storage
- Dropbox - Safely, securely, and easily store all of your graphic designs. Access and share them whenever you need from your desktop or your mobile devices.
- Google Apps for Work - Google offers professional email, online storage, shared calendars, video meetings and more. The apps are specifically designed for business and teams to share and collaborate securely.
- WiseStamp - Professional email signature designs with easily customizable templates. Showcase your work by linking your site in your signature.
- Streak - Customer Relations Management (CRM) inside Gmail.
- Boomerang - Scheduled email sending. Write it now. Send it later.
- Hellosign for Gmail - Sign contracts in Gmail.
Tasks & Time tracking
- Trello - Trello is the free, flexible, and visual way to organize anything with anyone. Keep track of your project’s development, set appointments and reminders.
- Toggle - Simple time tracking tool and free timesheet alternative.
Scheduling & Meetings
- Doodle.com - Simplifies scheduling the scheduling tool you'll actually use. Find a date for a meeting twice as fast.
- World Time Buddy - Simple time zone converter for scheduling.
- Timer tab - Never lose track of time with this helpful timer tool to keep you on task.
- Join.me - Easy screen sharing.
- UberConference - Free conference calling with easy dial-in system.
- Google voice - Google voice users can make cost-free calls between each other, leave voicemail as easily as email, and much more.
- Hellofax - With HelloFax, you can conveniently send and receive faxes online.
- Highrise - Communication and customer service made easy with this nifty tool.
- Survey Monkey- will help you build your questionnaire with its question bank and survey templates.
Social Media Management
- Pagemodo - Everything you need for a powerful social media presence.
- Buffer - Buffer is the easiest way to publish content on social media across multiple accounts.
- Postplanner - PostPlanner saves you 2 hours daily on Facebook marketing.
- Oktopost - Easily manage and measure all of your B2B social media marketing
- Canva - Canva makes graphic design simple for everyone. Create professional graphics with the click of a mouse.
- Social Media Image Maker - Resize and retouch your social media images for the most share-worthy pictures.
- Picmonkey- Editing your photos is easy with PicMonkey! Add filters, frames, text, and effects with this free online photo editing.
- Powtoon - Create animated marketing videos and video presentations.
- Getresponse - Email marketing made easy.
- Mailchimp - The most popular email marketing solution.
- Madmimi - A great solution for creating, sending, sharing and tracking email newsletters.
- Fiverr - The marketplace for creative and professional freelance services.
- Elance - A community of skilled freelancers eager to help you get the job done right.
- 99designs - The largest marketplace for sourcing graphic design talent.
Which online marketing and productivity tools do you love? Let us know in the comments.
blog comments powered by Disqus