7 Insanely Simple Lead Generation Tips for Travel Agents
by Liat Behr
You already know that a great travel agent can save clients hundreds of dollars in travelling fees and expenses. But in today’s world where online travel tools make travel plans easier, many people seem to forget the cost-saving benefits a good travel agent can provide. As a result, finding new prospects and generating more leads can be tricky.
In this post I provide you with 7 tips that will help you get online and generate more business.
Social Media is the Key
If you want to generate more travel business you have to be where your clients are - on the social media platforms. Social media can provide you with the opportunity to reach out and communicate daily with your target audience on a personal basis. Listen, connect and engage and soon you’ll be an influencing travel agent, an authority in your field and someone who people listen to. The more people that listen, the easier it will be to access clients.
So What Can You Do?
1. You should already have a Facebook page, LinkedIn account and Twitter account. If you don’t then start one. It only takes a few minutes to set each one up.
2. Keep up-to-date by following influencers. If your goal is to influence (and it should be), then you have to connect with the people who are already on the influencing travel map. People, like award-winning travel writer Larry Olmsted, is passionate about travel and all fine things related to it.
3. Follow talented travel agents like Stacy Small on both Twitter and LinkedIn will help you pick up great ideas and tips that will help you generate more business.
5. Get on Quora. Quora is where business people meet to ask serious business questions. By providing informed answers to questions related to the travel industry, you’ll be able to establish yourself as an expert and influencer which will help generate new leads.
What Online Tools Can Help?
So now that you’re on social media it’s really important that you use the right tools to help optimize your time as well as generate leads.
6. Use HootSuite. This is a great social media management system that will help save you time as you keep track of and manage the networks you join. By using HootSuite you’ll be able to effectively listen and use the gems you pick up in conversations to prompt discussions and create content that will attract more clients.
7. Use WiseStamp. By using this great email signature tool, you’ll not only look stunningly professional, you’ll also engage with your prospects in a way that invites them to your social media pages and informs them about the latest travel deals they should hurry to order.
Written by Liat Behr
Liat is a content wordsmith at WiseStamp and copywriter at Ink of Imagination. She delights in creating and sharing valuable tips and helping businesses craft effective content.
When she’s not writing content, she can be found in the world of fiction, embarking on adventures with her characters.